Companies House are removing companies far more frequently from the register when they do not file their accounts or confirmation statements on time.

Due to this, it is very important that you respond to our automated reminders so that we can file these documents on time for you.

You can apply to Companies House to get your company restored if:

  • You were a director or shareholder.

  • It was struck off the register and dissolved within the last 6 years.

  • It was trading at the time it was dissolved.

If none of these apply to you then you’ll have to get a court order to restore the company.

Applying to restore your company

If you wish to restore your company you will need to apply for administrative restoration. In order to do this you will be required to send the following to Companies House:

  • A completed application for administrative restoration (form RT01).

  • A cheque for £100, payable to ‘Companies House’.

  • Any outstanding documents, such as Accounts or Confirmation Statements.

  • Any filing fees or penalty payments.

  • If your company had assets, a waiver letter from Bona Vacantia, form BVC14, with filing cost of £64.

What happens next?

If your application has been successful, your company will be restored as soon as the registrar sends you a confirmation letter.

Is there an alternative?

Yes, you could consider forming a new company with the same company name and details.

If you have any further questions regarding restoring your limited company simply phone 020 3355 4047 and of our friendly advisors will be happy to help.

Did this answer your question?