If you run your business from home you may need:

  • Permission from your landlord or mortgage provider

  • Business insurance

  • To check whether you need to pay any business rates

If you operate from a shop or office, you need to make sure the premises are licensed for commercial use. If they aren’t you can apply for permission here.

You may or may not have to pay business rates depending on the value of the property you’re working from. For more information on business rates you can visit the government website here.

If you run a pub or restaurant then you’ll need to get personal and premises licenses to sell alcohol as well as any other entertainment related licenses.

get an instant tailored quote for online accountant services

Did this answer your question?